Bergeron Law Firm – Serving all of Northern VA
If you’ve been injured in an automobile accident that was someone else’s fault, call Bergeron Law Firm at 703.813.6460. We help people whose auto injury was caused by someone else anywhere in Northern Viriginia, including McLean, Arlington, Alexandria, Vienna, Falls Church, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, and Prince William County.
Over 127,000 car accidents occurred on Virginia roads last year. Over 30,000 of those (roughly 25%) occurred in the counties and cities of Northern Virginia, resulting in approximately 15,000 reported injuries. Auto collisions can cause serious injuries that range from soft tissue injuries (muscle sprain/strain injuries, “whiplash”) and fractures, to more life-changing injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and death. Every auto collision case is unique, and the resulting injuries can disrupt your life for days, months, and sometimes even years after the collision. Having an experienced personal injury attorney with expertise in auto collision cases can help alleviate the stress, frustration, and uncertainty about the future and help you focus on getting back to your life as best as possible.
2017 Virginia Crash Statistics (VDOT)
- 127,375 crashes occurred on Virginia roads last year
- 13,631 of those crashes occurred in Fairfax County
- 5,540 in Prince William County
- 4,875 in Loudoun County
- 2,508 in Arlington County
- 1, 695 in Fauquier County
- 1,441 in the City of Alexandria
- 65,306 people reported injuries as a result
- 6,418 in Fairfax County
- 2,652 in Prince William County
- 2,081 in Loudoun County
- 1,036 in Arlington County
- 798 in Fauquier County
- 576 in the City of Alexandria
- 843 people lost their lives in auto collisions
- 35 in Fairfax County
- 22 in Prince William County
- 22 in Loudoun County
- 1,608 of the incidents involved pedestrians
- 26,123 crashes reportedly involved distracted driving
- 13.7% of the crashes involved following too closely
- 7.8% involved a failure to yield the right of way
The most common causes of automobile accidents:
- Reckless driving
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while impaired (DUI, DWI)
- Driving a defective vehicle
What you should do if you are involved in a car accident
If you are able:
- Call for help. Call the police immediately to report the accident. If necessary, the police will dispatch EMTs.
- Take pictures of the accident and all vehicles involved, including the road conditions and the area around the scene.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Write down what happened while it is fresh in your memory.
- Talk to any witnesses and write down their contact information.
- Call your insurance company and report the accident.
- If you are injured, see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Speak with a personal injury attorney who can explain your insurance coverages, the applicable law and your rights, guide you through the process, and help protect your rights.
3 Myths You’ll Hear From
The TV Auto Accident Attorneys
No one plans to be injured in an auto accident. It happens so quickly yet it impacts your entire life.
Get help from the Bergeron Law Firm today
A car crash can change your life in an instant, raising difficult questions and challenging problems. Steve Bergeron understands the challenges that car accident victims and their families face and can explain your legal rights, the applicable laws and insurance coverages, and investigate your accident to determine if there is sufficient evidence to make a claim against the person that caused the crash and your injury.
Understanding your rights
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else, you may be able to seek compensation for the damages related to your injuries. Those damages may include compensation or reimbursement for:
- Medical expenses (past, current, and future)
- Lost wages/income Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Property Damage
Steve Bergeron will work with your doctors, other medical providers, and insurance companies to understand and explain the nature and extent of your injuries and their impact on your life. Steve will also investigate potential insurance coverages that might be available to reimburse you for your expenses and damages to try to help you solve the real-world problems caused by your auto accident, so you can focus on getting well and getting back to your life.
So, before you speak with an insurance adjuster about your car accident and injuries, give Steve a call. He’ll do his best to the explain the applicable law, your legal rights, insurance coverages, and give you his best advice on whether you have a personal injury claim and how you can try to solve the problems caused by your injuries so that you can focus on your treatment and getting back to a meaningful life.